More young people are graduating from high school with a wide range of academic knowledge, but few practical, everyday skills. Many social customs have been forgotten. Now Skill Trek provides a way for parents to help their children gain this important information.
Skill Trek is a supplemental curriculum using lessons that include:
- explanation of the task
- instructions for completing the task
- video instructions where appropriate
- and an assignment to be completed to show mastery
The assignments are hands-on and generally use materials from around the house. No extra cost.
The membership-based program allows for enrollment of one child or the entire family. Parents control the access and oversees all aspects of the program. While Skill Trek may place a child in a specific level based on age, parents may change the level based on the needs of their child.
The developers of Skill Trek are homeschool parents of seven children. They looked for a program to meet the gaps they saw in their children. Having both typically developing children and children with special needs, this dad and mom looked for a curriculum to help them explore the areas they wanted to cover. They also needed it to be customizable and allow the whole family to learn together. Finding nothing, they began to create their own lessons.
Highlights of Skill Trek are:
- Kindergarten (even some preschool) through high school levels
- Internet-based, no costly textbooks
- More than 500 multimedia lessons
- Customizable to meet children’s and family’s needs
- Allows children to work at their developmental age
- Not just cooking and cleaning
- Skills taught include financial literacy, current events, technology, emergency preparedness, and more
- Works within the family schedule
- Parental controls and oversight
Skill Trek makes a fundamental difference for families. Not only are children becoming proficient in essential life skills, but they are using those skills within the family unit. Younger children are even teaching their new skills to their older siblings. And parents are learning new skills too. Skill Trek prepares children for life while enriching families.
Right now Skill Trek has some pretty sweet introductory pricing going on, like –
- $8.95 for Skill Trek Express eKits (regular price $14.95)
- $19.95 for Skill Trek Express Physical Kits (regular price $24.95)
Plus, as a Thrifty Homeschool reader, you can take an additional 15% off your order through the end of October! With code THRIFTY you can get 15% off your first quarter of a quarterly membership or your first year of an annual membership. You can also take 15% off Skill Trek Express eKits. Coupon code does not apply to physical kits. This is a one-time use coupon.